Monday, January 22, 2007

Monday With Ellen

I enter Ellen DeGeneres's contest every day trying to win a pair of seats in the Oscars red carpet section (outside, where the stars walk up) that Ellen's giving away, since she's hosting. I want to win so I can take Leslie because Leslie loves movies so much. And I love 'em too, which is nice. It's not as if I'm trying to win Leslie a shopping spree in the fancy district of L.A. - not that she'd want such a thing, I'm just using that as an example - because then I'd want to send her with someone else. No, I'd love love love to go with her to see these movie stars and just feel what the Oscars are like. But that's not the point. The point is, I want to win! I'm trying to figure out what to do to get the Ellen people to pay attention to my entries. I would say to put that on your prayer list but I know God doesn't give a shit about contest entries. At least, I don't think so.

I dunno, maybe my sense of God is way too small. Who am I to say that God doesn't care about such things, because God is too busy paying attention to famine and grief and sickness? Isn't God everywhere? Infinite? There's not a limit to how much God there is to go around!

... I dunno, I think I'm slanting this so that it sounds sort of creepy. I'll just ask God to send some happy sunshine into the Ellen show offices this week.
PS I hope she doesn't think that because I'm a minister I'm boring or against gay people or stuffy. I think if she got to know us at journey she'd find out differently.....................

No comments: