Wednesday, April 30, 2008

i saw it; go see it


my son is the leader of a student organization at UT for comics fans. therefore, i saw iron man last night for free, along with a few hundred other people who through various connections saw the sneak preview.

it was wonderful.

robert downey jr is brilliant; jon favreau's direction is balanced and funny and serious and he handles the character development and the action equally well; it's just a badass and yet also intelligent film.

we could have a discussion about whether popcorn movies have any real value - i mean, it's not necessarily true that diversion is all that good for us, in my opinion, especially diversion that just plugs us into more electronics -
but to hell with that. just go see it. you'll thank me.

5 comments:

KellyLawson22 said...

How is your son in college? Seriously, this is freaking me out. You mean he's not 8 years old, anymore?

journeyingrick said...

yeah, tell me about it, right? weird.

happytheman said...

You know anything with Robert Downey, man I hope he stays clean. He would be a good addition to Journey you know.

journeyingrick said...

ABSOLUTELY.

nonprofitprophet said...

Iron Man. I used to get told by the holy rollers in high school i was going to hell for listening to Ozzy Osbourne... now its bumper music for movies and commercials. And if that's all it takes for going to hell, i got a whole lotta stuff better than that which'll get me there... ~npp